Reporting on progress in health care renewal is what we do, and it’s what we’ve been doing consistently since we were formed seven years ago.
This past year, as the conversation on health care renewal ramped up, so did our reporting.
- We released eight reports—our most yet—which were downloaded more than 32,000 times.
- Our most popular report, Decisions, Decisions, was downloaded 6,300 times.
- Our report outreach led to a record 209 million media impressions and 882 media stories (including radio, television, web, magazine, and newswire).
- We reached 2.4 million people with our innovative use of social media, and now have over 1,700 Twitter followers.
- We highlighted best practices in innovative ways, such as our new webinar series, which averaged 100 participants, and two new podcasts.
- We produced five YouTube clips.
- We hosted seven invitational regional sessions on Aboriginal promising practices to serve as the basis for our report on Aboriginal maternal and child health and a compendium of promising practices.
- Our second annual Health Innovation Award received entries from 32 students.
- We made our presence known through 28 poster or podium presentations at a variety of conferences across the country.
Released on August 31, 2011, Setting the Course, The Health Council of Canada’s Annual Report for 2010/11 provides an overview of the variety and volume of our work this past year.